This is the return of the Empty Space art radio show after a hiatus of seven-and-a-half years. To commemorate this dawning of a new era, this show is numbered 0001.
The DJ is a robot.
The show is available to play and download, for a short time, on Soundcloud, and for a long time, on Mixcloud.
The playlist is below.
- Eccentronic Research Council – Mind Yore Language, from the album Magpie Billy & The Egg that Yolked(A Study of the Northern Ape in Love)
- Alan Watts – Pure Sound (soundclip from Alan Watts website)
- Spike Jones and his City Slickers – Pimples and Braces, from the album Go Crazy with Spike Jones
- Baba Naga – Osku Til Osku, from the EP Baba Naga
- Air – The Ragtime Dance, from the album Air Lore
- Zali Krishna – episode 1 of our weekly serial, Near Andromeda
- Hans Albers – Das Herz von St. Pauli, from the album Das Herz von St. Pauli
- Klaus Johann Grobe – Koordinaten, from the album Klaus Johann Grobe
- Spratleys Japs Vine, from the album Pony
- Jerry Goodman & Jan Hammer – Full Moon Boogie, from the album Like Children
- Matthew Clegg, stood by the canal at Mexborough, reads his poem The Sinkhole, from his collection The Navigators
- Champion Kickboxer – Thinking, from their album Perforations
- Screaming Maldini – Last Day Of The Miner’s Strike (Pulp cover), from the compilation album Which Side Are You On, commemorating the 30th anniversary of the miners’ strike
- Orchestra Of The Upper Atmosphere – When Thin Clouds Scud Across A Bright Moon, from the album Orchestra of the Upper Atmosphere
- William D Drake – Liferaft, from the album Revere Reach
- Toucans – I don’t believe in that, from the album Toucans
- Raymond Scott and Dorothy Collins – Tiger Rag, from the album At Home with Dorothy and Raymond
Leave a Reply